Thursday, November 20, 2008

Meeting Andy Gould - GnR's Manager


So Tuesday night I headed over to the Roxy on Sunset to be part of the listening party for Chinese Democracy. (I suggest you check it out. I dutifully bought my pre-order copy so I could jump the line and can't wait to pick it up Sunday. .\m/.) I was standing by the bar, writing down notes about the crowd, the tracks etc. when a man in a suit walks past me and says, "I hope you're writing good stuff," to which I replied, "Of course I am" and he non-chalantly says, "Good, I'm their manager." I go back to writing and notice he's still near me and think, what the hell... I'm going to introduce myself. I tap him on the shoulder and ask his name (Andy Gould) and then say, "Nice too meet you, I'm Sandy." While this transpires, TWAT is playing and he tells me he thinks it may be his favorite song. I said, "Really? Me too (love it!)" and he looks at me and says, "Oh, so you've heard it already?" I admitted I had and that it's kinda all over the net. He said something like, jeez everyone's heard it. I then proudly pull out my BestBuy receipt and tell him, "Maybe, but I happily paid for my copy" which pleases him because he gives me the thumbs up.
So he goes on his way to get a drink and I tell my husband that I just met the GnR manager and point him out. Scott walks over and offers to buy him a drink and then manages to tell him that I'm a huge GnR fan and am starting to write a blog. The guy then hands me his card and says, "Call me if you have any questions or anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment